Archive for the ‘Thankful Thursday’ Category
There’s a popular meme around these interwebs: Thankful Thursday. I’m not sure exactly where this meme originated, but it’s one of my favorites, because it gets you thinking about all the things in life from week to week — from the seemingly mundane to the major — that should be appreciated. And I don’t know about you all, but I don’t do that nearly enough.
Here’s my list for today. Feel free to share your own in the comments, or leave a link in the comments to your list on your own blog.
1. The color purple.
2. The luxury of working in an air-conditioned office.
3. Elliptical machines.
4. Living in a city with such an … interesting … political landscape.
5. A car that may be filthy and falling apart, but that gets me places.
6. Fellow nerds, dorks, geeks, and dweebs (we’re taking over!).
7. The possibility of traveling overseas this fall.
8. Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School, for giving me something to laugh at derisively while I shake my fists at its twisted “moral” messages.
9. Being around talented, creative people every single day.
10. Rufus Wainwright’s voice.
11. My camera. I don’t feel right without it near me.
12. My dad, for believing in me enough to make it possible for me to have that camera.
13. The fact that my new cats have not yet figured out how to jump up on the kitchen counter, which, if they knew how, would complicate my life by about a hundred percent.
14. Finally realizing that “acknowledgment” doesn’t have an additional “e” in it. Yeesh!
What about you? What are you thankful for this week?